Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Hoping for a slow day

I've been waiting for the thunderstorm to roll around all day long. It's like we're having a stand-off. I sit here waiting for an epic summer storm, and the "epic" storm spends the entire day mocking me instead by playing hot and cold. One minute you see rolls of black clouds hover above, then you hear the loud claps and thumps of thunder, then nothing.

No moisture. No sprinkles. No wind.

Just that faint smell of nature that lets you know rain is coming, and the ominous clouds permanently situated above my apartment all day long.

It finally poured at 8 o'clock this evening, ruining my plan of taking a glorious nap snuggled under a cozy bundle during an afternoon storm.

I've spent my entire day instead trying to write more feature articles to be considered for publication hoping it gets my foot somewhere, albeit it would be one toe at a time.
While I enjoy pursuing such things I wish I had a sufficient supply of something green necessary to gallivant around town so I can afford to waste gas while I look for an inspirational and breakthrough story.

Or an inspiration.

My mind is just so cluttered lately. There's so many things I'm thinking about and worrying about that sometimes I drift off to sleep thinking just that and waking up from where I left my thoughts.

I'm so distracted, so unprepared, and so on-the edge about the future. What will I be doing a year from now? Am I going to get a job somewhere? Will I even be done with school?

I'm looking out the window thinking of all of this today, and thinking how outside these windows the real world is carrying on at a pace I haven't exactly tested. Or I guess I won't test it because I'm afraid. I'm looking out from that window hoping it pours only because even if its only for a little while, I feel like the rain will slow things down and maybe snuggled up in the comfort of my warm blanket, a plan will come to me.

No comments: